Are you looking for the ideal solutions for Speed Queen washer problems? You should know that you’re in the right place.
Speed Queen is undoubtedly a great brand that manufactures high-quality appliances. Its products are designed to be used for more than a decade with the least maintenances.
Notwithstanding, Speed Queen appliances may develop some issues at times. When this occurs, Speed Queen washing machine troubleshooting will be a great idea.
About Speed Queen Appliances
Speed Queen is a world-class laundry equipment manufacturer. It has been an excellent brand for more than a century and is seen as the preference of numerous customers.
Speed Queen is usually preferred because of its high-quality appliances with impressive warranties and outstanding customer support.
The 6 Common Speed Queen Washer Problems
There are several problems your washer may develop. These may include Speed Queen front load washer problems and Speed Queen fabric softener dispenser problems.
But note that it’s not in all situations that you will need a specialist for these and other issues. Speed Queen washer troubleshooting can be done by you. Below are some of the common Speed Queen washer problems and their solutions:
Is your Speed Queen washer not starting? This can be because of the open lid, engagement of the motor overload protector, or burnt-out lid switch.
Solutions to Starting Problems
- Ensure you close the lid back and set the timer. The power should be pushed to an electrical outlet, and avoid using an adapter or extension cord.
- If the motor overload protector is engaged, you will need to wait for about 2 to 3 minutes for the washer to turn back on, then reset the household breaker and try to restart it.
- For a burned-out lid switch, you will need a replacement.
Washing Machine No Power No Lights
Do you notice that your washer is filling slowly or not filling? This can be because of blocked hose or filter screens, leaking water inlet valve, or too low home water pressure.
Solutions to Filling Problems
- If the hose or filter screens are blocked by debris, you should clean them properly. Also, you may straighten the inlet water hose if it’s bent.
- If the water inlet valve is leaking or not working properly, you should change it.
- If the level of the home water pressure is low, you should try to make it not less than 20 psi. This will help the inlet valve to work correctly.
Are you experiencing Speed Queen washer won’t spin? This problem can be caused by an open lid, a loose or broken drive belt, or a defective control board.
Solutions to Spinning Problems
- Check the lid switch continuity using a multimeter. If it lacks continuity, change it.
- Replace a broken or loose drive belt with a new one.
- Change the control board if it’s not passing power to the motor.
Shaking or Vibrating Problem
When the Speed Queen washer is shaking or vibrating, it can be because of a worn-out or broken shock absorber, broken counterbalance springs, or broken suspension spring.
Solutions to Shaking or Vibrating Problems
- Check and change broken or worn-out shock absorbers.
- Check and replace broken counterbalance springs.
- Inspect to know that the suspension spring is in good condition. If broken, replace it.
Do you notice the Speed Queen washing machine leaking water? This can be due to worn-out bearings in the drain pump/ damaged or cracked drain pump, torn tub seal, or torn door boot.
Solutions to Leaking Problems
- Replace worn-out bearings and damaged or cracked drain pump.
- If the bearings fail due to water leakage via the tub seal, you should change both the bearings and the tub seal.
- Replace torn door boot.
Why isn’t my Speed Queen washer draining? The draining issues of Speed Queen Washers can be caused by a blocked drain pump, obstructed drain system, or bent/twisted/kinked drain hose.
Solutions to Draining Problems
- Remove obstacles in the drain pump. If the drain pump produces a noisy sound during the draining cycle, which is not caused by obstacles, change it to a new one.
- Clean every obstruction from the drain system.
- Straighten out vent, twisted, or kinked drain hose.
The Top 2 Speed Queen Washers
There are several reasons numerous customers prefer investing in Speed Queen laundry appliances. These include the unmatched warranty, excellent durability, premium materials, and reliable performance. Below are some of its best products:
Speed Queen TR7003W
Speed Queen TR7003WN comes with a 3.2 cu. ft. capacity. It’s designed to offer maximum cleanliness with full tub wash and rinse options.
Some of its peculiar features include a durable stainless steel tub, solid mount suspension system, and perfect wash system.
Speed Queen TR3000WN
Speed Queen TR3000WN is a top load washer that comes with 3.3 cu. Ft. capacity, making loading highly comfortable. It features a full tub wash and rinses, which gets the entire tub filled with water.
This, along with the 210-degree agitation, perfect clean results are provided. This product is mostly preferred because of its durability– the washer is characterized by stainless steel tub and commercial-grade steel cabinet.
It’s great to know that you can troubleshoot Speed Queen washers yourself. With this, you can be less worried about the issue the appliance may develop. If there is a need to replace any washer parts, you should get them directly from the manufacturer’s authorized shops or dealers.
In case you’re unable to fix the problems yourself, you should hand it over to the service shop for repair. Fortunately, if your warranty has not expired, you should get in touch with Speed Queen’s customer service.
Please review the following questions about Speed Queen washers:
Speed Queen’s latest washer models come with a reset button built into its control panel. If you purchase this newest machine, all you need to reset the washer is to pinch the reset button. For old models, this is different.
Speed Queen is a manufacturer that produces washers using premium materials. As far as cleaning performance is concerned, the washers are better compared to most brands. The products are great and can be recommended for any commercial use.